大家好!
This truly has been a week full of blessings and miracles. As
Elder Heaps and I were reporting on how the week went, we were just kind of in
aw, as we couldn't really explain how everything worked out. So, to say the
least, this week really has been amazing.
To start of my letter though, just want to say, I have the best
companion in the mission. He really is a great worker and loves doing the work,
which makes even the toughest parts of the week, the most fun part of the week.
So, I am truly grateful for having such an amazing companion!
| Elder Heaps |
| 竹南 (Zhunan) Zone |
After wrapping up Zone Meeting, I got to go on exchanges with
Elder Taulepa here in 香山 (Xiangshan), which was super fun. Elder Taulepa's first area
was 新埔 (Xinpu), so we got to
chat a lot about our previous area. My favorite part of the exchanges was
actually getting to teach lessons with him. Things just worked out super well,
as to the point that we just were teaching lessons the entire time we were on
exchanges, which was super nice. In ways I wish I had gotten to have some more
finding time with him, but it was super fun to see a ton of success while we
were on exchanges. As we were finishing up the exchanges, Elder Taulepa made
the comment about our area just being on fire, and it is true. We really have
been feeling so blessed to be able to see so much success and praying that the
Lord will continue to bless the 香山 (Xiangshan) area!
Finding this week was also super successful. We had the
opportunity to go finding with a member as well, which was such a blessing as
well because he got to see a ton of success too. It really feels like as we
finish up one contacted, the next prepared person is walking right in front of
us, so we will bike for only a moment and then start contacting that person,
which is truly a blessing. So, it was both amazing to see the member have a
great experience doing missionary work and also show some of the miracles that
we as missionaries get to experience everyday! :D
This week, I also felt like I should share a little about some
of our bigger investigators. Last week, I mentioned about Bell, who is really
doing great right now. The biggest thing for her is getting her parents
permission, but I am pretty sure the ward will be able to help out with that.
Another person we are working a lot with is a 余弟兄 (Brother Yu) who is actually a
Christian and knows the Bible super well, so we are working a lot with him on
authority, so if you can pray for him to receive an answer, that would be
great. Another person we have been working with is a 胡姊妹 (Sister Hu), who was
actually the first person Elder Heaps and I found together. We have pretty much
taught her everything, but the only thing that is keeping her from making a
covenant with God is attending Church. She has to help her mom with work on the
weekends, so it is hard for her to come to church, but she absolutely loves
reading the Book of Mormon. We have been teaching her for 3 weeks now and she
has already read to the end of Mosiah, which is super cool. She really is an
awesome investigator. Lastly, is a 江同學 (Esther, that's her English name). Her brother was actually the
one who went out with us to do missionary work this last week. His sister is
kind of an eternal investigator because of parents opposition, but this last
week we had an amazing lesson and she committed to prepare to be baptized and
even come to church on Sunday, which was super cool. The biggest thing is just
working with her to build up the courage to talk to her parents about getting
baptized because she saw how much opposition her brother got before he got
baptized. It took her brother, Jerry, about a year if I remember correct. So,
if you could pray for her as well, that would be great!
Well, my time is pretty much up. Thanks for all the emails and
prayers! Have a great week!
我愛你們,
Love you,
柯長老
Elder
Okeson
No comments:
Post a Comment