Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 69 - Last week in 香山 (Xiangshan)

大家好!

Well, to begin off this weeks email, Elder Heaps and I got another week in the transfer because the new missionaries had visa problems, so transfer week is this week. As for the good news, Elder Heaps and I got another week together of seeing miracles. With good news, there is also sad news. Elder Heaps got a call from President Jergensen saying that he would be training, which means that I am moving on Wednesday.

 This last transfer really has been one of my favorite transfers. Elder Heaps and I have been through so much and seen so much too. We have felt blessed in so many ways. We have seen one person go through all of the lessons and will be getting baptized this Friday, which will be super exciting for the new missionary coming, getting to see a baptism his first week on island. I truly have been grateful to be able to serve with him for this last transfer and a week and am sad to think that I will be moving, but am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in the future!

As for a little from the week, the biggest thing was just getting to work with Elder Heaps, we were teaching all day everyday. As we looked back at the transfer, we saw that if we averaged everything out, we were at least having 4 lessons a day, which is so amazing. It definitely has to be one of my favorite parts of the mission, is just getting to teach people lessons everyday and see people change for the better. As for finding this week, we actually didn't have much time, we had most of our days pretty booked, so we really were just going lesson to lesson


This week, I also got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders again because we needed them to do a baptismal interview for us and that was the most convenient way to do it. So, I got to go 竹南 (Zhunan) one last time before I move this week. It was really fun to be able to go on exchanges with Elder Dehtloff and see plenty of miracles there as well. One of the coolest ones there was actually having a potential call us up during dinner and say that he wanted to meet. His name was Carbon, the element. I was curious, so I asked him why he picked that name. He said it was because if Carbon is put under enough pressure, it becomes Diamond, and he wants to become a Diamond as well. I thought that was a pretty classy name to say the least. As for the interview, 胡美玲 (Sister Hu) passed and is getting baptized, which was are both super excited for.

As for one of the coolest miracles was a self contact on Friday night. He was actually asking for our number and is set up for tonight at 7:30, so we are super excited to be able to meet with Mark tonight. It just feels like Elder Heaps and I have been so blessed with finding people. We have started to meet with another really cool member referral, 蔡淳霖 (Linda), who also looks like she should be a really solid investigator as well. So we really have just seen this area grow into pry one of the best areas in the mission. So, I have really loved serving in this area and just seeing all of the miracles that have been happening.

Well, my time is pretty much up because my 網咖 (Internet cafe) account is about to run out of time. So, just want to say thanks for all your prayers and hope you all have a fantastic week!

我愛你們,
Love you,
柯長老
Elder Okeson

P.S. There is a typhoon going on right outside, so biking here to send you this email was pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment