Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 93 - New Area and Familiar Faces

大家好!

OUCH!
Well, I am officially in my last area. On Wednesday, we got a text from the office to got to an ibon machine at a Seven Eleven to pick up my transfer sheet. My new area is 丹鳳 (DanFeng), which is in 新莊 (XinZhuang). Now for many of the people who came to Taipei with Mom and Dad and stayed for church attended the 丹鳳 (DanFeng) ward with 鍾國華 (Brother Zhong). So my final area is Brother Zhong's home ward here in Taiwan. So it is a pretty small world.
Br. & Sis. Zhong
So, there is the big news of the week, I have moved. As for a little about the week, it started off with a pass off lesson. We met with the Sanchong elders to start teaching the cutest/nicest couple ever. Gray is a computer guy, and Zoe is a model. They were contacted by Elder Payne's cousin in Australia, referred to him, and then he found out they lived in our area, so we got a chance to start meeting with them. But Elder McNeil and his new companion, Elder Hansen will get to continue teaching them. So, the funny thing is that Elder Hansen was actually our district leader, so he moved from the area next to us to our area. Pretty big move.
Gray & Zoe
For the biggest thing from the week,  樊乃竺 (Sister Fan) got baptized and I was able to go back to attend the baptism. There is really much to say. She was met weeks ago, and prepared by God. We were just blessed enough to be able to teach her and help her understand the gospel in her life. And lastly, it was a huge blessing to be able to hear her testimony of prayer, it is one that I will never forget.

As for a cool part from the week was that when I got here, one of the first lessons I had, the investigator didn't come, but we got to talk with the member. For some reason, he looked really familiar, like I had met him before. After talking for a few minutes, I realized that a year ago, when I went on exchanges with Elder Carbine, I taught the law of tithing with him. Funny thing to was that he remember me too. So, that was another familiar face from moving here was an investigator I taught with Elder Carbine about a year ago.

Last little thing from the week was just finding. It really has been such a blast serving in Taipei city and having been able to teach so many amazing people and finding so many prepared people. And for my new area, I am looking forward to finding more of those prepared people as well.

Thank you so much for all the emails and prayers! Hope you have a great week!

我愛你們,
Love you,
柯長老
Elder Okeson

P.S. My new companion is Elder Lin from 高雄 (Gaoxiong). He is an amazing missionary! I will share more with you about him next week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment